26 September 2012

The Cool Down Period

So, after three full years of RIT I'm starting to be able to expect the types of madness and insanity that will assault me throughout the school year, but still, the sheer amount of work that seems to come my way over the quarter is incredibly overwhelming.

But this probably because I just came off of a very pleasant summer where I read lots of books and lazed out in the sun. For my last free summer ever, it was nice.

But now I need to get back into the flow of things. And it's stressing me out. It seems like I'm always working, working, working. And drinking a ton of coffee all the time. I practically live in the coffee shop at the library...I'm like some sort of hipster emo writer. I feel like I should be wearing all black all the time and have a black beret and that I should talk in a snooty accent.

Enough joking around though!

Despite some struggles I did manage to get some decent work done this week, it doesn't feel like I did a lot, but I've definitely made progress. It's that awkward cool down period where the obvious changes to the project are coming slowly, but they are definitely coming along. I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked to on the project this week, but I had other classwork fall down on top of my head (Not literally, all though sometimes it feels like it). I'm redesigning my identiy - my logo, my business card, my website, my resume, my other blog, I'm even working on redesigning this blog.

I tried to get in contact with Rolling Hills Asylum so that I could have the chance to visit a real psychiatric hospital to give me a better idea of where to go with my thesis, but unfortunately due to some poor timing and the Halloween season I don't think I will get the chance to go. I'm sad about that, I was super excited to check it out and get some pictures particularly for textures.

So here's the progress I made on the blocking models this week:

The assets without the building surrounding them
Ward A, high security


The Nurse's station

Ward B, overview
Ward B, common area

Ward B

Level Overview

As you can see, I'm still having some issues with the isolation ward. I'm not completely sure what I want to do with it yet. I've also changed a few of the level aspects. For example, Ward B is not purely bed rooms, but is in stead large areas with many beds that also has storage closets, a series of showers, toilets and a common area for patients to spend their time in. 

Next week I'm going to get the assets of Ward A done and set up this blocking model file to be a file that I can reference the assets into. 





1 comment: